Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Life lessons to myself

Always remember that other people are just as real as you are

Your angle on things is just one angle.

Run up the stairs


Do it, every day if you can. It keeps your heart healthy and you’ll get places quicker.

Make your own success

Don't wait for other people to hand it to you on a plate. Send emails, shake hands, try to brush off anxiety.


You have to go to the party to say you don’t want to go to the party

This was a ‘lesson’ that came to me whilst tripping on magic mushrooms, aged 18 on a beach in Asia. I had been feeling torn about whether or not to go to the Full Moon Party. I went. I can now say I wouldn’t want to go to the party again. Also, try everything at least once - even magic mushrooms.

Happiness isn’t materialistic

A platitude, but an important one. Don’t get trapped into thinking you need stuff to make you happy.

Change your mind

One from Ralph Waldo Emerson, who said “a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”. Only a fool won’t change their mind because of a fear of accepting they’re wrong. Accept your wrongs. Say sorry. Change your mind.

Trust in the goodness of other people

A lesson from my dad who’ll often leave his bike unlocked to go into the shop and it’s not been stolen (yet). People are 99% good, don’t let the other 1% give you a reason to close yourself off to world.

Enjoy learning


Another from my dad, who always said that as long as my brother and I left school still excited about learning then his job was done.

Explore

Even if it's just within the pages of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment