Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Repost: Honey & Olive Oil Zuchinni Muffins





I thought this recipe is too good not to share so I'm reposting it from my other blog, magpie blondes!




I know that here in England a zucchini is a courgette, but I got really accustomed to using American words when I was in Colorado and zucchini just seems so much more exciting than a courgette. Also courgette cake sounds highly suspicious but zuchinni cake is much more appealing... and these muffins are definitely appealing! They are spongy and moist and sweet, but rather than being packed with butter and sugar you use olive oil and honey/maple syrup instead!

You'll notice that another Americanism that I picked up last year is baking using cups to measure rather than grams, I just think it's so much easier. I got my cups measuring jug at £ land so definitely a worthy investment if you like to bake often (actually if you do like to bake often you might want to get a better one, to be honest!)

Ingredients:
3 cups grated courgette/zucchini
2 beaten eggs
1 cup light olive oil (not extra virgin)
2/3 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup of honey
1 1/2 cups of wholewheat flour
1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
zest of one orange

Method:
Pre heat oven to 150 degrees, in a mixing bowl combine grated zucchini with all the wet ingredients (oil, maple syrup, honey, eggs and zest).
In a different mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon)
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the zucchini mixture into the well. Stir just a few times just until all the ingredients are combined, stirring too much will make the muffins tough.
Spoon muffin batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for roughly 20 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.


Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment